At Laurel Park Animal Hospital our focus is client service. We strive to create a caring and compassionate atmosphere by being an advocate for our patients and clients. Our goal is to utilize current veterinary practices, emphasizing quality of life and comprehensive pain management. We aim to create a team-oriented setting in which we can assure excellence in all we do.
GREAT NEWS! In order to meet the demands of our clients, we are expanding our staff so that we have 2 doctors available every day, Monday through Friday, beginning on May 17, 2021. This will allow us to treat more patients, especially those that are sick and possibly emergent. Initially we will be utilizing local "relief" veterinarians to fill in where needed, but each of these doctors have been vetted and are fully licensed & insured. Their commitment to providing the best quality of care is in line with the Laurel Park Animal Hospital standard, so rest assured that your pet(s) will be well cared for by each of these veterinary physicians!
COVID-19 Protocol continues:
At this time, only staff and patients are allowed in the hospital.
Please be patient when calling our hospital as the number of calls we receive now has increased tremendously.
Please call at least 24 hours ahead of time when ordering medications, food or other over the counter items. Paying over the phone by credit card when ordering is appreciated!
CURBSIDE PROCESSING INFORMATION
To minimize exposure to both our clients and staff, our hospital is closed to everyone except Veterinary Hospital staff. Park normally as close to the Exit Door of our building as you can. Call our main line to get "checked in". When our employee comes to retrieve your pet, please exit the vehicle with your pet so they can safely be exchanged to a staff member. All dogs must have a collar or harness and be leashed. All cats must be in an approved carrier.
All food or medication must be paid for in advance and will be available for pick up in the designated area located outside of our Exit Door. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we need to drastically reduce exposure time to each other. This is for everyone's safety.
When you arrive at Laurel Park Animal Hospital please call 828-697-5686 and inform the staff of your name, your pet’s name and what you are here for: an appointment, drop off, surgery or medication pickup. Please also let us know the make/color of your car. Please keep your cell phone available to receive phone calls or text messages. NOTE: this call may not come from our primary number since we have multiple phone lines.
- For standard exams/appointments:
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle. Please exit your vehicle when you see staff approaching. Please have your pet on a 6 foot lead so we can maintain social distancing as required by law. If you are using a flex lead please shorten the lead to 6 feet. Please ensure that collars/harnesses are snug so they do not slip off. A staff member will retrieve your pet and take them into our hospital treatment area.
- If you have a cat, please be sure they are in a freshly sanitized carrier. Please exit your vehicle when you see staff approaching and place the carrier on the ground so our staff can safely retrieve them.
- The veterinarian and technician will contact you on the number you provided to discuss any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, or other information involved in the appointment.
- At the end of the appointment, a staff member will call you to collect a method of payment for the exam. A credit card payment can be done over the phone. We also accept cash and checks.
- Your pet will be brought out to you, along with any medications, and your receipt.
- If you or anyone in your family has been sick please let us know before your scheduled appointment time. We may ask that you reschedule or have a trusted friend/family member come instead.
- For Surgery Drop-offs/Pick-ups:
- The appointment will be confirmed the day before and you will receive pre-surgical instructions and a specific drop-off time.
- When you arrive, call the main number to be checked-in. A staff member will speak with you over the phone to take a history and go over the procedure with you.
- Once the procedure is completed, you will receive a call from the doctor or a technician and you will be given a pick-up time.
- When you arrive to pick-up your pet, call the main number and we will process payment over the phone.
- A technician or CSR will come out with your pet to discuss any discharge or follow-up instructions.
- For Medication Refills
- Please call all medication refills in at 828-697-5686 at least 24 hours prior to your preferred pick up time.
- Payment by credit card at the time of ordering is preferred.
- Please call our office at 828-697-5686 when you arrive to pick-up the medication. Once paid a staff member will bring the medication out and place it on our bench near the exit side of the building.
Please be patient when calling our hospital. The volume of phone calls we receive has increased tremendously due to our COVID-19 Protocol.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
You can also use our Pet Portal or leave a telephone message and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Click the link below for complete access to our ONLINE PHARMACY which allows convenient shopping with shipping direct to you!
For those clients who order their Hill's Prescription Diet and Royal Canin Specialty Diets via our online pharmacy, we have received a letter from the CEOs of both companies explaining that the availability of many of their prescription food products have decreased because the demand for these items has increased tremendously. They each offer their apologies for any inconvenience. They are doing their best to keep up with the current demand.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Please contact us at (828) 697-5686 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org