At Laurel Park Animal Hospital our focus is client service. We strive to create a caring and compassionate atmosphere by being an advocate for our patients and clients. Our goal is to utilize current veterinary practices, emphasizing quality of life and comprehensive pain management. We aim to create a team-oriented setting in which we can assure excellence in all we do.
COVID-19 Protocol and Changes, Effective July 11, 2020
The Doctors and Staff at Laurel Park Animal Hospital would like to thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time. COVID-19 continues to have an impact on our daily lives and governs our business practices. We are diligently preparing to stay ahead of the curve so that we can continue to provide quality medicine for our patients.
Only staff members of Laurel Park Animal Hospital will be allowed in our building. Please be patient when calling our hospital as the number of calls we receive has increased tremendously.
We are continuing to offer Curbside Service, which allows us to minimize potential exposure of the COVID-19 Virus to our staff, as well as any risk that we may unknowingly pass on to you.
We remain committed to you and your pets, as always. Thank you for trusting us to provide health care for your pets.
Dr. Jonathan Pernell
Please call at least 24 hours ahead of time when ordering medications, food or other over the counter items. Paying over the phone by credit card when ordering is appreciated!
CURBSIDE PROCESSING INFORMATION
To minimize exposure to both our clients and staff, we will continue to implement curbside pickup and drop off for all appointments. Our doors will be locked to anyone other than Veterinary Hospital staff. Staff will no longer be able to retrieve pets directly from your vehicle. Please exit the vehicle with your pet so they can safely be exchanged to a staff member. In addition we can no longer place food or medication in your vehicle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we need to drastically reduce exposure time to each other. This is for everyone's safety.
When you arrive at Laurel Park Animal Hospital please call 828-697-5686 and inform the staff of your name, your pet’s name and what you are here for: an appointment, drop off, surgery or medication refill. Please also let us know the make/color of your car. Please keep your cell phone available to receive phone calls or text messages. This may not come from our primary number since we have multiple phone lines.
- For standard exams/appointments:
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle. Please exit your vehicle when you see staff approaching. Please have your pet on a 6 foot lead so we can maintain social distancing as required by law. If you are using a flex lead please shorten the lead to 6 feet. Please ensure that collars are snug so they do not slip off. A staff member will retrieve your pet and take them into our hospital treatment area.
- If you have a cat, please be sure they are in a freshly sanitized carrier. Please exit your vehicle when you see staff approaching and place the carrier on the ground so our staff can safely retrieve them.
- The veterinarian and technician will contact you on the number provided throughout the exam to discuss any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, or other information involved in the appointment.
- At the end of the appointment, a staff member will call you to collect a method of payment for the exam. A credit card payment can be done over the phone. We also accept cash and checks.
- Your pet will be brought out to you, along with any medications, and your receipt.
- If you or anyone in your family has been sick please let us know before your scheduled appointment time. We may ask that you reschedule, have a trusted friend or family member come instead, or provide a telemedicine appointment.
- For Surgery Drop-offs/Pick-ups:
- A staff member will speak with you over the phone to take a history and go over the procedure with you.
- The Doctor or Staff member will contact you and coordinate a pick-up time for your pet.
- Please call our office at 828-697-5686 when you arrive to pick-up your pet and we will process payment over the phone.
- A technician or CSR will come out with your pet to discuss any discharge or follow-up instructions.
- For Medication Refills
- Please call all medication refills in at 828-697-5686 at least 24 hours prior to your preferred pick up time.
- Payment by credit card at the time of ordering is preferred.
- Please call our office at 828-697-5686 when you arrive to pick-up the medication. Once paid a staff member will bring the medication out and place it on our bench near the exit side of the building.
Please be patient when calling our hospital. The volume of phone calls we receive has increased tremendously due to our COVID-19 Protocol.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use our Pet Portal or leave a telephone message and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Great News! Our online pharmacy is now available. Click the link for complete access which allows convenient shopping with discounted pricing.
For those clients who order their Hill's Prescription Diet and Royal Canin Specialty Diets via our online pharmacy, we have received a letter from the CEOs of both companies explaining that the availability of many of their wet food products have decreased because the demand for these items has increased tremendously, possibly due to a rise in pet adoptions and fostering this year.
They each apologize for the inconvenience but are doing their best to keep up with the current demand.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Please contact us at (828) 697-5686 or e-mail at email@example.com